Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove old icloud account

I need help to delete an old icloud account that I have forgotten the password to. When I try to sync my phone with laptop, it keeps wanting to use the old icloud account.

MacBook Air 13", 10.10

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 12:36 PM

Do you have purchases on the phone that were made with that account? Are you signed into the account somewhere on your phone?

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

4 replies

Feb 12, 2019 12:45 PM in response to Danielle1061

You can try the links above to see if you can recover the password. If that doesn't work, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.    

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Feb 12, 2019 12:41 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi! I have purchases im sure, but nothing that I use now. The problem is that I made a new icloud account with an email that I have access to, but when I go between icloud, and my phone trying to fix this problem with the location security codes, its just a huge circle. It wants me to enter a password in order to delete the old account but i do not know the password.

Remove old icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.