Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro will not connect to my Xs Max as a remote for Keynote

IPad Pro (new) will not connect to my Xs Max as a remote for Keynote. I’m on the same WiFi and blue tooth.

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 6:33 AM

I think Keynote Remote as a separate app has gone. Instead you install Keynote on both devices, and use a remote function in one to control the other. See Use Keynote Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Working here with an iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro. If you cannot get it to work as described there with your hardware use Feedback - Keynote - Apple to let Apple know.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2019 6:33 AM in response to jrobbsjr

I think Keynote Remote as a separate app has gone. Instead you install Keynote on both devices, and use a remote function in one to control the other. See Use Keynote Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Working here with an iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro. If you cannot get it to work as described there with your hardware use Feedback - Keynote - Apple to let Apple know.

tt2

Feb 12, 2019 5:20 PM in response to MichelPM

I’ve been using my iPhones as a remote for changing slides in keynote for many years. It’s a great feature.

My phone shows the current slide and the next one.

I know Apple can fix it if they know of the problem. Years ago in one of the upgrades my iPad would not project on my projector but after talking to Apple they fixed it a week later with an update.

IPad Pro will not connect to my Xs Max as a remote for Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.