Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sign in to icloud

My phone freezes at signing in iCloud

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 6:14 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2019 12:10 PM in response to aihua19

Hello aihua19,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're running into issues signing in to iCloud.

Is the Settings app frozen, or your entire iPhone? If it's the Settings app only, try force-closing your Settings and then see if you can sign in. On the other hand, if the entire iPhone is unresponsive, I recommend a force-restart of the device. The steps you'll need for these processes will vary depending on which type of iOS device you're using, so check out the links below for the details:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Regarding the overall issue of signing in, there are a few possibilities to consider.

Is this happening at a certain point in the process? For example, immediately after you enter your Apple ID and password, after you turn on a specific iCloud function, or something else?

Are you using Wi-Fi, or cellular data? If you try both connection types, do you find that one works?

You might also double-check to make sure your iPhone is updated since this can help resolve a number of unexpected issues. To see if you're running iOS 12.1.4, tap Settings > General > About. You can use the links below to update if needed:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps get you started.

Cheers.

can't sign in to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.