Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you gradually increase and decrease the pitch of a single track in Garageband 10.3.2?

Hello, I would like to edit the pitch of a single track: to gradually increase the pitch from a low sound to a high sound. The audiofile is an mp3.

I've searched on youtube, but all I can find is how to increase the pitch of a whole track...Does anyone know if this is possible in Garageband 10.3.2?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.11

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 5:56 AM

If you add a Pitch Shifter plug-in to the audio track, you can change the pitch shift along the track using the automation curves.

I am usually adding an audio file to the loop browser to change its pitch. The loop can by cut into regions and then I can transpose the regions individually like any loops to lower or raise the pitch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2019 5:56 AM in response to susanne133

If you add a Pitch Shifter plug-in to the audio track, you can change the pitch shift along the track using the automation curves.

I am usually adding an audio file to the loop browser to change its pitch. The loop can by cut into regions and then I can transpose the regions individually like any loops to lower or raise the pitch.

How do you gradually increase and decrease the pitch of a single track in Garageband 10.3.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.