Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home pod does not work on new iMac

Very simple, my new homepod is not working on new and updated iMac. Mac does not even see a speakers, not in Home app or iTunes. I did download Airfoil app to help as some people suggested on forums. There is only 1 wi-fi network but look like speaker is not recognisable. Also look like iTunes subscription is not available in Croatia. Some app features (Home, iTunes and System preferences) mentioned in guide books are not even visable on Mac. May you help with this?

iMac 27" 5K, 10.14

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 8:41 AM

Check the prerequisites in the Get started section of Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support. Both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network that allows devices on that network to see each other.

tt2

Similar questions

11 replies

Feb 18, 2019 5:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you guys, but look like iMac can not use HomePod speaker and if it does it is complicated. To me is incredible that brand new Mac is not compatible with Apple speaker. Just do not understand that. IPod is probably cheapest thing I can buy and make this thing work. I can make via bluetooth Sony speaker work with Mac, Marshall headphones but not HomePod. Just can not believe that.

Feb 19, 2019 10:21 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi everyone!

Problem solved. I bought iPad 6 generation, set it up and. Before that I did install Airfoil app for I Tunes on Mac. Soon I turned up HomePod Mac and iPad recognised speaker. Only thing is that Siri can not see music in library. I had to start music manually. I think that a reason is; Subscription for iTunes is not available in Croatian store. Anyway, thank you for help

Home pod does not work on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.