Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explicit/Clean Songs to Library/Playlist

My issue is that I add clean songs to my music library or to a playlist, and because I’ve previously had certain songs in the explicit version, the clean songs are automatically replaced with the explicit version of the song. I’m afraid to add music now because I don’t want this to be something irreversible.

Example: I added the clean version of ZEZE by Kodak Black to a playlist and as soon as I check the playlist, it changes from the clean to explicit version.

iPhone 7 Plus, 12

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 4:45 PM

Hello iosonogregorio,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that when adding a previously downloaded song to your Apple Music Library or a playlist, the clean version is replaced with the explicit version. It's important that you're able to manage and listen to music how you want. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Let's start by deleting one of the affected songs from both the Music app and iCloud Music Library, following the "Delete items in the Apple Music app" section here:

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

It's important that you select the "Delete from Library" then "Delete Song" option to delete the song from iCloud Music Library, as only the explicit or clean version of a track can be synced to iCloud Music Library at one time. If the download is removed rather than deleted, the version of the song still synced to iCloud Music Library is what will be redownloaded or added to your Library.

Let us know if there's any change after trying that.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2019 4:45 PM in response to iosonogregorio

Hello iosonogregorio,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that when adding a previously downloaded song to your Apple Music Library or a playlist, the clean version is replaced with the explicit version. It's important that you're able to manage and listen to music how you want. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Let's start by deleting one of the affected songs from both the Music app and iCloud Music Library, following the "Delete items in the Apple Music app" section here:

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device - Apple Support

It's important that you select the "Delete from Library" then "Delete Song" option to delete the song from iCloud Music Library, as only the explicit or clean version of a track can be synced to iCloud Music Library at one time. If the download is removed rather than deleted, the version of the song still synced to iCloud Music Library is what will be redownloaded or added to your Library.

Let us know if there's any change after trying that.

Cheers!

Explicit/Clean Songs to Library/Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.