You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theft attempt to set account recovery to my apple ID

my phone had been stolen in Malaysia. police report has been made. since then, i have received a lot of message telling me that my iphone had been found. is it true that apple will message me like that? (screenshot attached).

for the last two days, i've received an email told that someone has made a request for account recovery. and from the requested number, location that request been made is in Vietnam. what should i do?

also during these stolen period, i also received phone call from unknown no keep talking dirty to me. But seem like police had do nothing for my report. feeling dissapointed.

Thanks.

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 8:41 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2019 5:14 AM in response to izra192

If you can sign in/access your account, that would cancel account recovery, so that part looks suspicious. I would consider changing your password.

• If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Can you track the phone using Find My Phone? Does it show the phone is in Vietnam?

Find My Phone - If your device is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

Theft attempt to set account recovery to my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.