You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of Bing search engine

My search engine keeps reverting to Bing even though in preferences it is set to Google.com. I have researched and looked for extensions (there are none in my preferences - Extensions) and I have searched my applications for genieo and omnibus and others that have been recommended. I don't want to download any virus software. I will take my laptop back to Apple before I do anything like that and I am concerned that people recommend you do that only to get other crap on people's computers. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.11

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 8:52 AM

6 replies

Feb 17, 2019 10:12 AM in response to kbath10

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. This is one of 2 programs recommended by long time posters. I have used it in testing several times.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

How to get rid of Bing search engine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.