Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i keep getting a “approve new iphone?” notification when i dont have a new iphone

Both my Mac and iPhone have been notifying me about a new iPhone trying to log into my Apple ID. I don’t have a new iPhone. (I have been logged into my old iPhone for almost 6 years now) I am so confused. I keep declining the approval of the new iPhone but I keep getting it over and over again. I am being hacked? What is going on?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 8:23 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2019 8:31 PM in response to kuttymani

One possibility is someone is trying to sign into your Apple ID on another phone. You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Name Change

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

i keep getting a “approve new iphone?” notification when i dont have a new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.