Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps opening

When i turn on my iMac Safari opens on its own. When i close it in my toolbar it just starts to bounce and opens itself. If i try to force a quit it does nothing. After i quit 3 or 4 times it freezes and i just get an error saying Safari is not open, but then if i try to open Safari nothing happens. I have to hold my power button to do a hard reboot to shut my iMac down just to get things to run properly. Safari does this every time i turn on my iMac not for a week.

iMac 27" 5K, 10.14

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Thanks!

Looking this up, I’m seeing that Running MalwareBytes solved such an issue. This was posted on Discussions on the 29th of Last Month.

The Post: safari reopens after force quit

MalwareBytes Links:

13 replies

Feb 18, 2019 11:36 AM in response to leroydouglas

thanks but that's not it. I should have said im not new to Apple this is something else guys. If i have safari open and i go to close it by rolling my cursor over the safari icon use two fingers to click on the icon to close it. It will close but 1 second later it starts to bounce and opens it self again. Open at log in is not it something else in the Op system is causing only this app to do this.

Feb 18, 2019 11:53 AM in response to Ab Brusher

It will close but 1 second later it starts to bounce and opens it self again.

I am starting to see more reports of this —not readily understood or what predicates this anomaly.

One off anomalies of this sort are sometimes resolved by re-installing the combo update for your macOS.

With your same Apple ID you can sign up for a free Developers Account and start a conversation with Apple engineers

Bug Reporter https://bugreport.apple.com/

Safari keeps opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.