Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music added to iTunes library - does it stay after Apple Music subscription ends?

Apologies for a question that I'm sure has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. I'm assuming that the songs I add to my library using my Apple Music subscription would disappear after my subscription ends, and songs that I had downloaded in iTunes over the years before I ever got an Apple Music subscription would remain. Is that correct? I do not have iTunes Match, if that effects anything. If iTunes Match is even a thing anymore. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 6:05 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 20, 2019 7:08 AM in response to hntdhs

Hello hntdhs,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know if the music remains after canceling the Apple Music subscription. I can help with this.

The Apple Music subscription allows you to listen to music that is in the Apple library. You aren't purchasing the music, therefore, when you end the subscription, the music is removed from your devices.

The music you purchased individually, will stay connected to your iTunes account whether you have the subscription or not.

Take care.

Music added to iTunes library - does it stay after Apple Music subscription ends?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.