4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2010 7:40 AM by Klaus1
garygladstone Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Symbols on iTunes main screen

I am using iTunes 9.1.1 (12) on OSX 10.4.11

I use iTunes exclusively for Poscasts and AudioBooks.

The following questions relate to the significance of some of the symbols on the iTunes main screen (the table with column headings, Podcast, Time, Release Date, and Description) that I see when I click Library/Podcast.

Among other entries in the table, I see many entries shown under the heading NewYorker: Comments. I believe these are weekly podcasts from the New Yorker magazine that I have subscribed to. Right?

1. I note that many of the entries in the first column (to the left of the column labeled “Podcasts”) have small blue dots; other entries have black dots with superimposed exclamation marks . And still others have no dots at all.
Can someone please explain what the significance is of these symbols?

2. I see too that the entries in the “Podcast” column have small squares to the left of the titles. Some are shaded and contain check marks; others are unchecked.

3. I see too that many of the entries in the “Podcast” column have grey elliptical “boxes’ to the right of the titles, with the word “Get” superimposed on them. But other titles in the table do not have these “boxes”.

4. Finally, can someone refer me to an iTunes Help screen (or any other source) where these symbols – and all other iTunes symbols on the main screen - are explained?

Many thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)