Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Public Wifi - no login page

I cant seem to get public wifi hotspots to load the login pages. I connect to the wifi via settings, wait for a pop up and nothing. I try to navigate to a webpage and nothing... Ive tried rebooting and nothing... Ive tried navigating to the router's IP address and nothing... Ive reset the network settings and nothing...

Nothing works...

iPhone 8 Plus, 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 10:02 AM

with the Wi-Fi broadcast shown as connected (even thought it's not) go to SETTINGS>WI-FI

press the info icon (i) for that wi-fi broadcast.

scroll down to Forget This Network and press Forget when the prompt appears.

fully restart the device as in cold reboot it.

reconnect to the network

open safari and direct it to a website.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2019 10:02 AM in response to Aarren

with the Wi-Fi broadcast shown as connected (even thought it's not) go to SETTINGS>WI-FI

press the info icon (i) for that wi-fi broadcast.

scroll down to Forget This Network and press Forget when the prompt appears.

fully restart the device as in cold reboot it.

reconnect to the network

open safari and direct it to a website.

Feb 19, 2019 11:02 AM in response to Aarren

you can try to turn off Auto-Join and renew your DHCP lease under the wi-fi settings for that broadcast, I'd also suggest to get reasonably close to the broadcast.

if your network admin is saying nothing is out then update to the most recent iOS and failing that reset the device to factory, and if thats not working test if you can get to other networks, if you can it's something with the broadcast, possibly signal or protocol but it takes the phones hardware out of the equation.

Public Wifi - no login page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.