Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 4 no longer counting laps while swimming.

My Apple watch series 4, which I received this past Christmas, has been working well while swimming laps. Today, however, after starting the workout and the lap timer, I noticed it wasn't counting my laps. After swimming a quarter mile or so, I ended the workout and checked the watch. Laps were still showing zero, but the watch did count the overall distance swum. Not sure what's going on. Is there any way to fix this or reset the watch? Anyone else experience the same thing?

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 7:06 AM

I have the same problem. The reset does indeed do the trick and I was able to see my data while swimming immediately afterwards. However, a few days later I went for another swim and had the problem again. Overall I've been having it for three months or so.

5 replies

Apple watch series 4 no longer counting laps while swimming.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.