Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iTunes not syncing

My iPhone is set up to sink over wifi with iTunes, but iTunes is not recognizing it. I have already restarted both my MacBook Air and my iPhone 8. I have recently changed my modem and router, however both the MacBook Air and iPhone are connected to the same network.

iPhone 8, 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 4:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2019 3:51 PM in response to Linkman16

Hello Linkman16,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sync your iPhone with iTunes via Wi-Fi. To help narrow this down, see if you can sync by connecting your iPhone to your MacBook Air via Lightning cable.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer

If you're not able to sync when connecting directly to your MacBook Air, please follow the relevant steps in this Apple resource:

If you see error -5000, -69, 13010, or 13014 when you sync music in iTunes

Cheers!

iPhone and iTunes not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.