Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-A to USB-C Problem

Alright, I’ll start from my iPad and move from there.

I’m using GarangeBand to try and record my electric guitar through an assortment of connections. Firstly, into my iPad I have connected a Naztech (I’m guessing this is where my problem is) USB-C adapter that has USB-A, HDMI and USB-C inputs on it. This connects to a Xenyx Q802USB audio interface through USB-A. I’ve had this for a while and used it with my desktop computer multiple times. This is then connected to my processing unit which in turn connects to my guitar.

I can connect all of this into my iPad and see in GarageBand that the audio signal is reaching the iPad, Yay! However, this audio cannot be heard apart from recording, unplugging the USB-C adapter and playing the recording back. I noticed that when I use the volume keys on the iPad while the adapter is plugged in, it says “Headphones” instead of “Volume”. I assume this means that it is trying to output the audio signal back through the adapter to the audio interface.

Is there any way to use this set-up and somehow get the iPad to output that audio, in monitor mode, to it’s onboard speaker array? Or is this a limitation of this kind of device?

My first thought was to buy the apple USB-A to USB-C adapter, but if I don’t need to, I’d rather use what I currently have.

Any help is appreciated!

iPad Pro, 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 6:49 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

USB-A to USB-C Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.