Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the "UpdaterStartupUtility" and why do I need it?

I just installed a new boot drive after running Etrecheck and getting some solid suggestions, but now I'm getting these Problem Reports about the UpdaterStartupUtility. Do I need to take this seriously, and if so, how do I fix it?

Mac Pro, 10.13

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 8:26 AM

I don't get it when starting Safari. I get it when I start up the computer. Every time. And so far nothing has stopped it from showing up, even Mojave.

You can try —

To Change the Adobe Updater preferences, do the following:

1. Start the Adobe Updater application from /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Utilities/Adobe Updater5/.
  2. When the update screen appears, click the Preferences link.
  3. Uncheck the Automatically Check for updates checkbox and click OK.

Disable automatic check for updates in Adobe Creative Suite 3

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 8:26 AM in response to Birck Cox

I don't get it when starting Safari. I get it when I start up the computer. Every time. And so far nothing has stopped it from showing up, even Mojave.

You can try —

To Change the Adobe Updater preferences, do the following:

1. Start the Adobe Updater application from /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Utilities/Adobe Updater5/.
  2. When the update screen appears, click the Preferences link.
  3. Uncheck the Automatically Check for updates checkbox and click OK.

Disable automatic check for updates in Adobe Creative Suite 3

Feb 26, 2019 8:17 AM in response to Birck Cox

Updater Startup Utility is from Adobe software. If you are using Adobe Flash Player it may be from a bogus installer you downloaded. To see where it is installed and delete it run Etrecheck.

Etrecheck  It is a diagnostic tool that will show a snapshot of your system. It should identify where the updater is installed. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information.

To post the log file copy & paste it using the Page icon in your reply window:

What is the "UpdaterStartupUtility" and why do I need it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.