Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In which folder are the voice memos saved and how can I access them using finder

In which folder are the voice memos saved and how can I access them using finder on my Mac and iPad

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 9:13 AM

This does NOT work. The very first part "/Users/your_username/Library/" itself seems wrong.

You do have option of going to User or Library. And no matter how much we search there is nothing in "ApplicationSupport" folder that is setup for voicememo or voice memo/recording. It will be nice if apple can please let us know how we can access our own recording instead of making us search for it like this. Its really silly !

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2019 9:13 AM in response to stevenfromsartell

This does NOT work. The very first part "/Users/your_username/Library/" itself seems wrong.

You do have option of going to User or Library. And no matter how much we search there is nothing in "ApplicationSupport" folder that is setup for voicememo or voice memo/recording. It will be nice if apple can please let us know how we can access our own recording instead of making us search for it like this. Its really silly !

Feb 27, 2019 9:30 AM in response to Indu-RS

The Library can be accessed by clicking on Finder (which can be found in the Dock) and pressing the keyboard command command+shift+L

From there you can navigate to Application Support, com.apple.voicememos, Recordings, and there you will find your recordings with the .m4a extension.

That is how to access the recordings in Finder. If you would like easier access to the voice memos, the Voice Memos app would have to be used. There you can play your recordings and share them.

In which folder are the voice memos saved and how can I access them using finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.