Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 3001f on startup

So I tried to factory reset my macbook pro 2016 today, and after deleting the old mac OS in the recovery, I restarted my macbook because my wifi didn't seem to work and thought that might fix it.

However , I couldn't restart into recovery anymore and it just shows me a spinning globe, followed by an exclamation mark saying error 3001f , do any of you know a fix to this? I can't even select a wifi network to boot from :(

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 8:25 AM

I found this on the Apple support page

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery

Newer Mac computers and some older Mac computers automatically try to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet when unable to start up from the built-in recovery system. When that happens, you see a spinning globe instead of an Apple logo during startup. To manually start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, press and hold Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup. Learn more about these key combinations.

If you still can't start up from macOS Recovery, you might need to reinstall macOS after starting up from another disk or volume, or by using a bootable installer.

macOS Recovery over the Internet, the Reinstall macOS utility, and the Get Help Online utility all require an Internet connection. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, move your pointer to the top of the screen, then choose a network from the Wi-Fi  menu in the menu bar. 

Published Date: October 12, 2018

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2019 8:25 AM in response to pieterTh

I found this on the Apple support page

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery

Newer Mac computers and some older Mac computers automatically try to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet when unable to start up from the built-in recovery system. When that happens, you see a spinning globe instead of an Apple logo during startup. To manually start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, press and hold Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup. Learn more about these key combinations.

If you still can't start up from macOS Recovery, you might need to reinstall macOS after starting up from another disk or volume, or by using a bootable installer.

macOS Recovery over the Internet, the Reinstall macOS utility, and the Get Help Online utility all require an Internet connection. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, move your pointer to the top of the screen, then choose a network from the Wi-Fi  menu in the menu bar. 

Published Date: October 12, 2018

Error 3001f on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.