Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X chirping and Rewards Pending Message

Has anyone else's iPhone being making a random, loud chirp noise with no clear source? It seems be accompanied by a message in the control center's music widget that says you have a "reward pending". This just happened to me for the first time and it went away before I could do anything. I found these posts about it but it seems like it should be getting more attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/9z6oaw/reward_pending/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8516722

Thoughts?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 3:08 AM

Just happened to me this morning around 0558 EST.

Only information I could find was the Reddit post you linked to, as well as this very recent post.

Only thing I can think of is as soon as all this enterprise certificate craziness happened, I downloaded an app referenced by John Gruber at Daring Fireball in this post, but I immediately deleted both the app and the certificate since the app wouldn't run unless I turned off add tracking in the system settings.

I did just recently install Spotify and am testing out their premium service on a 3-month trial. Never had the chirping and rewards pending message until I installed Spotify, which was only two or so days ago.

Providing for information only, hopefully we can track this down as it's incredibly odd and edge-casey.

EDIT: literally just got another one as I was finishing typing this up and grabbed a screenshot of it. As it's a sound/music overview, there's no clicking through to the source audio or app.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 3:08 AM in response to Jaes P

Just happened to me this morning around 0558 EST.

Only information I could find was the Reddit post you linked to, as well as this very recent post.

Only thing I can think of is as soon as all this enterprise certificate craziness happened, I downloaded an app referenced by John Gruber at Daring Fireball in this post, but I immediately deleted both the app and the certificate since the app wouldn't run unless I turned off add tracking in the system settings.

I did just recently install Spotify and am testing out their premium service on a 3-month trial. Never had the chirping and rewards pending message until I installed Spotify, which was only two or so days ago.

Providing for information only, hopefully we can track this down as it's incredibly odd and edge-casey.

EDIT: literally just got another one as I was finishing typing this up and grabbed a screenshot of it. As it's a sound/music overview, there's no clicking through to the source audio or app.

iPhone X chirping and Rewards Pending Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.