Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t get to my account after latest Mojave update

My laptop updated to Mojave today and since then I have been having issues with my laptop.

The login screen appears and I can enter my password. As my profile loads the closer it gets to opening the screen turns to static and after about 10/15 seconds the computer switches itself off?

ive tried reseting the pram? And another thing where you hold option command shift power but every time it now goes to this mess. Can anyone help please. Ps. Its A MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) if that’s helpful?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 1:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2019 5:25 PM in response to martine212

Good afternoon martine212,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having issues with the display on your MacBook Pro. Are these the instructions you followed for resetting the PRAM and SMC?

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

You may need to have an Apple Genius or an Apple Authorized Service Provider take a look at your MacBook Pro. Click on the "Service and Support" section of the resource below to find one near you.

Find Locations - Service - Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers

Take care.

Can’t get to my account after latest Mojave update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.