You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall chromium and O

These applications jump out of the trash

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 12:02 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2019 1:31 PM in response to bonehead7962

What is O???

• 1. Quit the Chromium browser and abort all processes related to it or those active in the background.
  • 2. Access Finder → go to Applications Folder → remove Chromium (choose the ‘Move to the Trash’ option in the drop-down menu).
  • 3. Access Finder → go to Menu Bar and click ‘Go.’
  • 4. Choose ‘Go to Folder’ and type in ~/Library in the field.
  • 5. Click ‘Go’ button to access the Library folder storing important application data, personal settings, and support files.
  • 6. Chromium browser service files can be located in the following subfolders:
    • • ~Library/Application Support/Chromium
    • • ~Library/Caches/Chromium
    • • ~Library/Preferences/org.chromium.Chromium.plist
    • • ~Library/LaunchAgents 
    • • ~Library/LaunchDaemons
    • • ~Library/PreferencePanes
    • • ~Library/StartupItems

Feb 25, 2019 9:15 AM in response to BDAqua

the chromium app has not been installed it is sitting in launch pad. If I try to trash it there it just jumps back out of the trash bin.

Finder does not recognize that it's there or anything associated with it. My daughter may have tried to install google chrome and it came with it. I got rid of chrome, window keeper and chromium is still there. I need advice beside not letting my daughter use my laptop

uninstall chromium and O

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.