Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode

Hello,portrait mode isnt working on my iphone 8 plus,when turn on portrait the zoom automatic is not working.. can someone help?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 5:28 AM

11 replies

Feb 24, 2019 6:02 AM in response to armin213

When switching to Portrait mode, the screen will zoom in. This is because Portrait mode uses the telephoto lens on your camera. ...

Take photos in Portrait mode

To capture the perfect shot:

1. Open the Camera app and swipe to Portrait mode.
  2. Follow the tips on your screen, such as moving further away. When Portrait mode is ready, the lighting effect, like Natural Light, turns yellow.
  3. Tap the shutter button .

The Camera app lets you know when you're too close, too far away, or if the area is too dark. You can also use True Tone flash, set a timer, and apply filters. After you take a photo, you can use the built-in editing features to do things like crop and auto-enhance.

Take a selfie in Portrait mode

With an iPhone X and later, you can take selfies in Portrait mode. Here's how:

1. Open the Camera app.
  2. Swipe to Portrait mode and tap the front-facing camera button .
  3. Hold your iPhone in front of your face.
  4. Snap your selfie with one of the volume buttons.

Use Portrait mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT208118

Mar 1, 2019 11:09 PM in response to armin213

Having the same issue (iPhone 8 plus ) When in portrait mode it’s like the default camera is being used: Usually it will say on screen move the camera further away it doesn’t say that no longer that and it’s not registering the camera is using that mode. I reset my phone , I’ve done a hard reboot multiple times , turned the phone off and on and it still doesn’t work

Portrait mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.