Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to COMPLETELY delete app data in IOS?

Hi,

I have tried so many ways to complete delete an app data (Facebook app), but when I reinstall the app, my log in details still there.

• Simply delete app using “x” icon in home screen -> not work
  • Delete app & data in setting-storage -> not work
  • Turn off & delete backup data for the app in Icloud setting -> not work
  • I even create a new icloud account then used to download Facebook app, but me login details still there.

I know i can delete my login details in Facebook app but i’m looking for a way to completely delete app data that can apply for all other apps.

Thanks for your help

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 10:23 PM

Hi, as i said above, delete app& data in setting not work. I’m looking for a general way to deleted app data not just for Facebook. Thanks for your help

2 replies

Feb 24, 2019 9:53 PM in response to anh6696

• Clear Cache from Facebook App
    • Step 1: Launch Facebook app
    • Step 2: Tap on the "More" button at the bottom.
    • Step 3: Choose "Settings" and then "Account Settings" from the drop-down list.
    • Step 4: Tap "Browser" to Browser Settings page.
    • Step 5: Tap "Clear Data". That's it.

clean Facebook cache

• Clear Facebook Cache from Settings App

The other manual way to Facebook cache in iOS is to uninstall Facebook app from your iPhone and then install it again.

For doing this, simply follow the steps: Tap on Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage > Facebook > Delete App.

This will delete the Facebook app from your iPhone along with all the cache data.

Note: It is generally recommended that you should clear Facebook cache on iPhone once in a month, if you use Facebook on a regular basis. If you don’t really use Facebook app on your iPhone very frequently, you can uninstall and then install it again once in every 2-3 months.

How to COMPLETELY delete app data in IOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.