Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone xr will not turn on

I Put my phone to charge last night and when I woke up I noticed the screen was black and I couldn't get it to turn on. Ive tried charging it and manual restart but nothing works. Any suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 5:33 AM

Try and put a flashlight over the lightning port to check if their is any dirt or liquid. If you see some, try to clean it out.

If it still doesn’t charge or their is no dirt or liquid, try rebooting or changing adapters or chargers or different locations.

If it’s the same thing, make a appointment at your nearest Apple Store and they can diagnose your iPhone to see if their is any damage to your iPhone and they will see if it’s a Logic Board situation or just a new replacement of you’re XR or they will replace you’re lightning connecter and see if it still works.

If no, they might replace the logic board or XR.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2019 5:33 AM in response to NC98

Try and put a flashlight over the lightning port to check if their is any dirt or liquid. If you see some, try to clean it out.

If it still doesn’t charge or their is no dirt or liquid, try rebooting or changing adapters or chargers or different locations.

If it’s the same thing, make a appointment at your nearest Apple Store and they can diagnose your iPhone to see if their is any damage to your iPhone and they will see if it’s a Logic Board situation or just a new replacement of you’re XR or they will replace you’re lightning connecter and see if it still works.

If no, they might replace the logic board or XR.

iPhone xr will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.