Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HomeKit Not Showing

I spent hours trying to add my two 4th Gen 4K Apple TV’s to my Home app and nothing. After 45 minutes on the phone with Apple Tech support, Zach figured out the solution. Easy day friends. Follow these simple steps:

1. Ensure both your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad are on the same WiFi network.
  2. Setup your rooms in the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Turn on your Apple TV.
  4. Go to settings

Go to AirPlay.

Go to Room

Select the the room you want setup your Apple TV.

Finally, hold your iPhone or iPad next to/very close to your Apple TV (black box) and the prompt to add it to your HomeKit will appear automatically on your iPhone or iPad. Follow the prompts accordingly.

Now go to Account, iCloud, and HomeKit will be visible.

You can actually have your HomePod turn on your TV and Apple TV by saying the following phrase...

”Hey Siri, play Apple Music on Apple TV.”

This will turn everything on begin playing music. You can then use your voice activated remote to switch to a different app.

Enjoy!

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 10:58 PM

Thanks. Had HomeKit set up already.

Only trouble is asking Siri on HomePod doesn’t work if you have more than one HomePod and more than one Apple TV. It got confused and started playing music on both homepods, finally got it to show on Apple TV but it gave an Airplay code and no instructions on where or what device I submit it to. Nothing popped up.

Also it cant really turn on Apple TV when you have to manually change imputs in the tv to switch to Apple TV

ill try it again. At any rate if you already have apple tv on and play music on HomePod it goes to Apple tv by itself anyways ... without the code,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2019 10:58 PM in response to Shreev1

Thanks. Had HomeKit set up already.

Only trouble is asking Siri on HomePod doesn’t work if you have more than one HomePod and more than one Apple TV. It got confused and started playing music on both homepods, finally got it to show on Apple TV but it gave an Airplay code and no instructions on where or what device I submit it to. Nothing popped up.

Also it cant really turn on Apple TV when you have to manually change imputs in the tv to switch to Apple TV

ill try it again. At any rate if you already have apple tv on and play music on HomePod it goes to Apple tv by itself anyways ... without the code,

Feb 25, 2019 11:19 PM in response to Vancouver22

I see...I use only one input on my TV and it’s HDMI 1 for Apple TV. If everything is turned off and I walk in the house after work and say, “Hey Siri, play Apple Music on Apple TV”, my HomePod will turn on the Apple TV, which then physically turns on my Samsung TV. Yes, I have to then use the Apple TV remote to perform additional actions.

Apple TV HomeKit Not Showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.