Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone SE with earbuds randomly activate Siri, start and stop music, and speed up audio?

I use my earbuds that came with my iPhone SE a lot. I constantly watch YouTube and then all of a sudden, Siri answers as if I called her. But I didn’t. Sometimes music on my phone plays. Sometimes the video starts speeding up a lot and the audio gets all messed up. Even my videos just randomly pause and play. But it’s not only YouTube. It’s all of my apps that have audio. Sometimes the audio doesn’t work while other times, my personal music plays. This has only happened to me while using my earbuds. When I don’t have my earbuds plugged in, it’s fine. Everything works perfectly. My theory, I broke my earbuds. That little rubber covering at the end of the wire leading to the plastic plug thing broke a while ago. It started to come off so I let it. But could this be the cause? Maybe it’s making my earbuds more sensitive? I don’t know. I want to avoid getting new earbuds because I really like my current ones and I’m honestly kind of broke. Any way I can either fix my earbuds or find another cause to my problem to fix?

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 5:15 AM

Hello,

Check the charging port for lint or other debris and see this:

Use Apple headphones with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod 

If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Good luck.

Similar questions

4 replies

Why does my iPhone SE with earbuds randomly activate Siri, start and stop music, and speed up audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.