Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant activate both facetime and imessages

Ive had the error message ''An error occurred during activation. Try again'' happen to my for a while. Ive also tried to log in on an old iphone 7 i had laying around and got the same error. im beginning to suspect it has something to do with my icloud acc. Only modification ive done with my mac is to upgrade to a larger ssd.

My mac is a Macbook air 2017

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 1:17 PM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2019 2:34 PM in response to AbsoluteCiroc

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID. Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Cant activate both facetime and imessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.