Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR blue paint off

I bought an iPhone XR blue 128G version on October 25 last year. Until today, there have been many paint drops on the phone's frame. Is this a normal phenomenon? Or is there a problem with the quality control of xr? I don't know how it is good now. I hope to enjoy the feeling of not having a case but I am afraid that the phenomenon of falling paint is getting worse.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 3:14 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2019 7:35 AM in response to YourHarbour

That second picture looks more like scuffs/scratches more than a defect in the paint. Just so you are aware, cosmetic damage is not covered under the warranty. When the iPhone 7 was released in a shiny black and a matte black finish there were many that complained either of scratches showing up too easily or the paint chipping off. There were some Apple Stores that would replace the devices but they were later told that paint or finish problems were not covered under the warranty so from that point forward they stopped replacing them. If you do go into an Apple Store, don't expect a replacement but if they do, be very thankful and feel lucky that you get a replacement device.

iPhone XR blue paint off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.