Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change apple ID e-mail.

I'm trying to change my apple ID e-mail from gmail to iCloud mail.

But! When I follow the steps detailed in the article my iPhone gives the error "Could Not Update Email. Your Apple ID cannot end in @icloud.com. Choose a different email address."

Suggestions?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 5:21 AM

I don't wanna use my gmail anymore, that's why I decided to change appleid mail. So, the idea is - to change my gmail address to my icloud address whitch is assotiatad with imessage etc. But each time when I'm trying I have the same error.

3 replies

Feb 28, 2019 5:45 AM in response to Nurtolus

Are you using an @iCloud address that is already associated with your Apple ID?

you can enter an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already a login alias or alternate Apple ID for your account. To see these addresses, sign into your Apple ID account page. Click Edit under the Account section to reveal Reachable At. In this list, a login alias will have a  next to it which, when hovered over with a mouse pointer, shows this message: “This is an alias of your Apple ID email address.”

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Can't change apple ID e-mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.