You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use chromebook as a monitor for imac

My iMac screen is dead and I need to acmes some data so, can I use chromebook as a monitor?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 5:35 AM

depend on the chromebook if it has hdmi / displayport or dvi input connectors rather then output ones

it would be 100% transparent for the imac that it was a chromebook and not a normal monitor it was connecting to

if the chromebook does not have  hdmi / displayport or dvi input connectors, no dice

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2019 5:35 AM in response to william from west drayton

depend on the chromebook if it has hdmi / displayport or dvi input connectors rather then output ones

it would be 100% transparent for the imac that it was a chromebook and not a normal monitor it was connecting to

if the chromebook does not have  hdmi / displayport or dvi input connectors, no dice

can i use chromebook as a monitor for imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.