Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rogers rocket hub

I have the Macbook OSX 10.6.2 and I can not connect wirelessly to the internet.. My network comes up and when I put in my password it says "Connection time out"
I have called Rogers several times with no help.
Just the other day they sent me a replacement telling me it was defective??? Still not working tho.?
Location is set at "automatic"
Is there a way to extend the time out settings????
Thanks

macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 6:28 PM

12 replies

Jul 25, 2010 6:04 PM in response to Tesserax

This rocket hub will not connect to either of our mac computers or any of our ipods or even to our
PSP go.
When we were with bell we had no issues at all...
Even my cell ph picks up the wi fi prompt and proper network comes up we get asked for the password and after I enter it, it "times out"???
I was on the ph with Rogers support and tried changing the data rate from b/g mixed to G only...no help...
Rogers keeps telling me its a bad modem...but can 3 modems in a row be bad????

Jul 26, 2010 9:58 AM in response to lori4412

This rocket hub will not connect to either of our mac computers or any of our ipods or even to our

PSP go.

Hmm, I would assume that the Roger's technician would have verified that at least one of your network devices can connect as part of their service.

I am attempting to download a copy of the user's guide for the actual Ericsson Mobile Broadband router that Rogers has provided you, but haven't been successful without having an account ... at least, not yet. My goal is to better understand how this device can be configured to see if I can offer you any clues to resolving this. From what I can gather so far, this is NOT an Apple networking issue so I will do the best I can to help you.

Also, I understand that the Ericsson router has an Ethernet connection as well, Can any of your network devices gain Internet access, connected by wire?

Jul 26, 2010 8:35 PM in response to lori4412

Thanks, but I finally managed to download a copy of the User Guide for the Ericsson W3x router ... so I think we can go through the configuration settings just in case something was missed. BTW, I got the guide from here: Ericsson W35 Mobile Broadband Router

If you don't mind, I will reference the guide as we go through the various configuration settings I would like for you to confirm.

pg. 42
o LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1
o Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
o Enable DHCP Server: checked
o IP address range from: 192.168.1.2
o IP address range to: 192.168.1.100
o Lease time: 7200

pg. 46
o Enable WLAN: checked
o Radio Channel: 1
o Transmit power: 20
o Data rate: G-Mode Only
o Network name: <enter your desired network name>
o Enable SSID broadcast: checked
o Authentication: Open (No Security)

Jul 31, 2010 3:36 PM in response to lori4412

It is really odd, that none of your wireless network clients can connect to this device. Again, I am amazed that the Rogers technician does not verify connectivity after installing this modem.

I'm not really sure what to offer other than you can "threaten" them that you will switch to another provider if they don't help out. Sorry!

rogers rocket hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.