Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a 32GB iPad enough space for my son (4th grade)?

Is a 32GB iPad enough space for my son or should I get type 128GB model? It’s about $100 more. He wants to create videos and use creative apps like drawing, animation, stop motion, and Augmented Reality. He’ll also be doi8ng schoolwork (word processing and presentations). How much space does the IOS take up and apps such as these?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 2:51 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2019 8:02 PM in response to cmaijones

Most regular model iPads only go to 128 GBs.

To get larger internal storage sizes, you would have to graduate up to the iPad Pro models.

Only iPad Pro models come in larger storage sizes than 128 GBs.

Not sure of the budget and how much yoy are willing to spend on an iPad forma 10/11-year old, but iPad Pro models ARE Apple’s most expensive, premium model iPads, but these are the ONLY iPads that come in 256 GBs, 512 GBs or 1.0 TB internal storage size models.

The brand new iPad Pro models are, also, somewhat, more fragile than the older model iPad Pros and not sure how well they will stand up being used at home and at school, even in a well protected case.

Plus, currently, these new iPad Pro models are experiencing a variety of touch issues and other issues involving many glass and some thin film screen protectors.

Apple still sell the older ,entry level, 2017, 10.5 inch iPad Pro models, which will be, somewhat, cheaper, and that iPad Pro 10.5 screen size comes in 256 and 512 GBs internal storage sizes ONLY and use the less expensive, older, 1st gen Apple Pencil, which is, also, a seperate accessory purchase, in addition to some sort of compatible, protective case for an iPad.

The older 10.5 inch iPad Pro is no slouch in capabilities, but it still comes at a price.

Only you know what your budget is and how much you are willing to spend on an Apple iPad.

Depending on what you consider the pricing can get expensive.

Myself, I'd be really uncomfortable spending $600 and more for an iPad/iPad Pro for such a young child.

But this me.

Best of Luck to You!

Is a 32GB iPad enough space for my son (4th grade)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.