Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Windows 10 (ASUS Vivobook) "Error 2755" showed up while I was installing Quicktime for Windows 7.7.9

How can I fix this problem? I have a very low amount of disk space avaliable (57.1 GB SSD, 64 GB microSD)

How can I fix this without downloading anything else?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 5:55 PM

QuickTime for Windows 7.7.9 was intended for Windows Vista and Windows 7, not for later versions Windows.

QuickTime for Windows is now unsupported for all versions of Windows.

QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows - Apple Support

Important: QuickTime 7 for Windows is no longer supported by Apple. New versions of Windows since 2009 have included support for the key media formats, such as H.264 and AAC, that QuickTime 7 enabled. All current Windows web browsers support video without the need for browser plug-ins. If you no longer need QuickTime 7 on your PC, follow the instructions for uninstalling QuickTime 7 for Windows.

Some 3rd party video editing software relied on QuickTime to handle MOV files. Those applications would now be outdated as well, ever since official support was ended.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2019 5:55 PM in response to 7iPhones

QuickTime for Windows 7.7.9 was intended for Windows Vista and Windows 7, not for later versions Windows.

QuickTime for Windows is now unsupported for all versions of Windows.

QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows - Apple Support

Important: QuickTime 7 for Windows is no longer supported by Apple. New versions of Windows since 2009 have included support for the key media formats, such as H.264 and AAC, that QuickTime 7 enabled. All current Windows web browsers support video without the need for browser plug-ins. If you no longer need QuickTime 7 on your PC, follow the instructions for uninstalling QuickTime 7 for Windows.

Some 3rd party video editing software relied on QuickTime to handle MOV files. Those applications would now be outdated as well, ever since official support was ended.

On Windows 10 (ASUS Vivobook) "Error 2755" showed up while I was installing Quicktime for Windows 7.7.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.