Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the requirement to enter passcode immediately every time my phone locks..there is no longer the option of any delay

My iPhone automatically updated and I suddenly needed to change my 4-digit passcode to a 6-digit passcode and was no longer able to set a delay for needing to enter passcode. I don't want to have to enter a passcode every time I look at my phone, especially a 6-digit code I don't even want. I want the option to delay needing to enter passcode

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 4:24 PM

If you have a device with touch ID or face ID, the only option for passcode entry if you have those set up is immediately.

If you have not enabled touch or face ID, and you have a corporate email account configured on your device, the administrators can enforce security policies on your phone, including the requirement to enter the passcode to unlock it immediately after it sleeps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2019 4:24 PM in response to Lisa_iPhone_SE

If you have a device with touch ID or face ID, the only option for passcode entry if you have those set up is immediately.

If you have not enabled touch or face ID, and you have a corporate email account configured on your device, the administrators can enforce security policies on your phone, including the requirement to enter the passcode to unlock it immediately after it sleeps.

How can I change the requirement to enter passcode immediately every time my phone locks..there is no longer the option of any delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.