Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a song on my iTunes MacBook and I cannot play it on my iPhone X without Apple Music?

I purchased a song on my iTunes MacBook and I cannot play it on my iPhone X without Apple Music?

Which is ridiculous to PAY for the song and for the subscription! How can I fix this?

Thank you!

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 3:52 AM

Songs that are part of the Apple Music subscription are not purchased. The subscription gives access to the catalog while the subscription lasts, and when logged in with the proper credentials (Apple ID).

Songs that were purchased from the iTunes Store are different, and are not dependent of a subscription.

If you use the same Apple ID on both devices, then you can have access to the same content. Also, you may re-download a purchased song on any of your devices that have the corresponding Apple ID, from your purchase history.

If you use different Apple ID on these devices, then music on one may not be available on the other device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2019 3:52 AM in response to carolineguzman

Songs that are part of the Apple Music subscription are not purchased. The subscription gives access to the catalog while the subscription lasts, and when logged in with the proper credentials (Apple ID).

Songs that were purchased from the iTunes Store are different, and are not dependent of a subscription.

If you use the same Apple ID on both devices, then you can have access to the same content. Also, you may re-download a purchased song on any of your devices that have the corresponding Apple ID, from your purchase history.

If you use different Apple ID on these devices, then music on one may not be available on the other device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.