Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone alarm didn't go off

I use the same alarms on my phone everyday so it isn't a problem with the actual alarm, but sometimes there is no sound from the phone. It displays the normal alarm on the phone screen with the snooze button but there isn't any sound or vibrations. This doesn't happen a lot, but it still happens. Since I use my phone as my only alarm, I am worried that one day this will happen when I have something really important to go to. If anyone has any suggestions about how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 2:26 AM

Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm still sounds.

If you have an alarm that doesn’t sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers And Alerts.
  • If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
  • If you use iOS 11 or later and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired headphones and speakers. It doesn't play through wireless headphones and speakers.

Manually adjusting your iPhone’s time in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn’t recommended and can affect alarms.

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207512

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2019 2:26 AM in response to kingcamcam

Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm still sounds.

If you have an alarm that doesn’t sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers And Alerts.
  • If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
  • If you use iOS 11 or later and you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired headphones and speakers. It doesn't play through wireless headphones and speakers.

Manually adjusting your iPhone’s time in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn’t recommended and can affect alarms.

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207512

iPhone alarm didn't go off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.