Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my MacBook 13 2018 latest firmware?

Hi there :)

I've purchased used newest model MacBook - then first thing what I've done was restore my latest Mojave (and all apps etc.) form TimeMachine form other MacBook.

As I know Firmware updates are only done when Mojave update is done (or fresh macOS installation) - but so far no Mojave update since restore from TimeMachine.

The crazy thing is - owner sold me this MacBook with...... macOS High Sierra.

So I got:

Boot ROM Version: 220.240.2.0.0 (iBridge: 16.16.3133.0.0,0)

For Apple Pay: Firmware: 1.35 rev 70536

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 1:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2019 8:45 AM in response to the_bart123

What Mac is yours, Model Identifier?

Mac built list of firmware checker only goes to MacBookPro14,3

EFI firmware updaters are now only distributed as part of macOS / OS X updates and upgrades: Apple does not provide them separately.

If in doubt you can reinstall the combo updater on top of your 10.14.4—

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1996?locale=en_US

Mar 2, 2019 3:47 PM in response to the_bart123

That looks like the new style firmware numbering scheme, so it is most likely current. Apple no longer provides a list of firmware revisions for each product. As long as all the OS updates are installed, then it should also install the latest firmware (hopefully). Personally I really miss the list Apple used to provide as I found firmware updates sometimes did not get installed (at least with older versions of OSX) for whatever reason.

is my MacBook 13 2018 latest firmware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.