Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi FI Connectivity for Apple TV 4K

I've tried just about everything and have so far had no success connecting my brand new Apple TV 4K to my wireless network. Any ideas on something I may have missed will be very welcome.

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 2:48 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2019 3:39 PM in response to trinibass

. You can restart your Apple TV from Settings, with the remote or unplug it from power.

Use Settings 

Use your remote

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201836

Also try resetting your wifi router by unplugging for one minute.

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204400

Mar 3, 2019 4:10 PM in response to trinibass

Similar Issue with my Apple TV 3:

For Note: To fix this recent issue on my Apple TV 3, I had to Reset it (Not "Restart" it), and not select "Yes" when I was prompted about whether or not to share my device usage with Apple.

------

To Reset it: Go to: Settings > General > Reset

Upon Reset, the Apple TV:

1. Installs all updates;
  2. Questions whether or not*** to share the device usage with Apple;
  3. Proceeds from there with a successful log in.

***Not Selecting "Yes" is what ultimately lead to a successful Wi-Fi log in.

Mar 3, 2019 6:27 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you Vancouver 22,

I tried everything I could think of or was allowed to, except for connecting the Apple TV 4 K directly to the ethernet. I neglected to mention that I could not try some of the other solutions you offered such as: going to Settings > System > Restart, because this was a brand new device and I was encountering this challenge during the set up process. So I was unable to get past: the password you have entered is incorrect etc.. We have 16 Apple devices in our home, including two other Apple 4K TVs and one third generation Apple TV which are all working like they're supposed to. This was my second day trying to set up the TV, so I unplugged and repackaged the device and asked my wife to return it to Best Buy which is where she purchased it last weekend.

After my post to this forum I called Apple Care and after trying for the better part of an hour I was told that Apple engineers are aware of this problem and are working on a software fix, but he could not tell me when it would be available. Have you or anyone else heard of this? I decided not to sit around with this new device waiting for a fix, especially since I couldn't find anywhere on the Apple website where this information is posted.

Anyway, thank you for your prompt response. I'm going to wait for a while before I buy another Apple TV.

trinibass.

Mar 3, 2019 9:33 PM in response to trinibass

I had no issues setting up two 4k’s..

No.. I’ve not come across it being mentioned. They’re not known to mention bugs etc, unless it’s reported in the news.

They will try to fix things in software updates.

You never got past the Welcome Start up screens?

Possibly you bought a faulty one. It can happen.

Im very happy with mine and I would recommend it.

I’m sorry to hear of your experience.

Wi FI Connectivity for Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.