Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete backup files from iCloud backup?

I would like to clean off books, etc. that I no longer want that have gone back up to iCloud for storing. Is there a way to do that from my iPad or phone?

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Hello psychdoc2,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iCloud storage. I am happy to help.

Please check out this article about cleaning out your iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you are seeing a cloud icon next to them, this means they are not taking up space, but available for redownload. If you no longer wanting to see them available for redownload, you can always hide them using this article: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2019 5:46 PM in response to psychdoc2

Hello psychdoc2,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iCloud storage. I am happy to help.

Please check out this article about cleaning out your iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you are seeing a cloud icon next to them, this means they are not taking up space, but available for redownload. If you no longer wanting to see them available for redownload, you can always hide them using this article: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

How do you delete backup files from iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.