📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging percentage stuck at 94% - 96%

when i'm charging my iPhone XS max, the charging percentage is stuck at between 94% and 96%. after i restarted my device then it showed 100%. what is the problem with my device?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 12:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 1:07 AM

if you charge the iPhone with te ipad charger or if you don' t charge it with the original 5W apple charger, the battery degradates, so if you get in settings, battery and click on attery health, you' ll see it' s maximum capacity and if it' s under 90%, you shouldn' t care about it, because this problem is normal in lithium batteries, but if this isn' t the problem, you can see several articles on the apple communities

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 4, 2019 1:07 AM in response to nadeesha96

if you charge the iPhone with te ipad charger or if you don' t charge it with the original 5W apple charger, the battery degradates, so if you get in settings, battery and click on attery health, you' ll see it' s maximum capacity and if it' s under 90%, you shouldn' t care about it, because this problem is normal in lithium batteries, but if this isn' t the problem, you can see several articles on the apple communities

charging percentage stuck at 94% - 96%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.