Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is WINE safe to install on Mac Mojave?

Dear All,

Is WINE safe to install on Mac Mojave? Will I have to install a virus protection plan if I install WINE? Will it interfere with anything else on my Mac?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 1:23 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 4, 2019 4:36 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I have the lite version for Mac, Auto Painter Express, and it works fine, but it written for Mac, not Windows, so no need for WINE or CrossOver. I would like to get the full, pro version, however, which is written for Windows and requires WINE. DAP (Dynamic Auto Painter) for MAC is a self contained WINE build of Windows DAP PRO and HOME -- I assume that means that the WINE software is already bundled with the DAP software and that there is no need to install WINE as a separate download, but I don't know that for certain.

Mar 4, 2019 5:23 PM in response to Barbara Smits

Is WINE safe to install on Mac Mojave? Will I have to install a virus protection plan if I install WINE? Will it interfere with anything else on my Mac?

Yes I can see no downside here. You are only running limited apps., not like you are opening yourself up to Windows vulnerabilities, so no antivirus.

https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

Is WINE safe to install on Mac Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.