Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"general net search" app ????

Like a genius, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally downloaded some scam fake flash plug in and I think it also installed some app called "general net search" with a green magnifying glass icon. I did not see this app before. I thought I deleted it, but it tried to pop up again without my prompting when I was using Garageband. Has anyone heard of this? If this is any virus related stuff, please please tell me best way to clear off from my Mac. it is brand new 😩. thank you.

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 3:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2019 5:48 PM in response to UpinthClouds

Hello UpinthClouds,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with something installed on your Mac computer. I am happy to offer some articles to help.

1. I recommend starting with this help article: How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

2. If you still have a problem, I recommend checking if an extension was installed. This article will help: Install and manage Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support

3. Also, you can clear the history and website data. This article has these steps at the end: If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

"general net search" app ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.