Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost files, photos etc

My computer is full, start up drive had zero capacity left, I tried to move files and photos to an external drive, but I then started to delete files from the computer to create more space in the computer, included 28 gigobites of photos and another 20 g b of files exported to the external drive. I went to check the files that I deleted from the computer in the external drive but they were gone. I lost about 50 gb of photos and files. Can I recover this files from I cloud? Or some other way? My I 2008 I Mac with 250 g b of storage memory

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 7:01 AM

You can easily recover them from your Time Machine backup. Please read Mac Basics Time Machine

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 5, 2019 10:50 AM in response to Papaya8

In the future keep a close eye on the available free storage and don't let it fall below 50 or so GB, at a minimum. Why, the system needs plenty of room for temporary files, cache files and room to store new files without fragmenting them a lot. Get an external HD formatted OS X Extended (journaled) with ownership set to be ignored and use it to house large files like iPhoto and iTunes libraries.

As you're been informed your best bet at recovery of the lost photos and files is Time Machine.

Lost files, photos etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.