Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 6th generation

We purchased a IPad 6th generation for a Christmas present for our grandson on November 22, 2018. Was wondering if it’s two late to get the apple care on this device.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 6:49 AM

For the longest time Apple only permitted the purchase of AppleCare for a previously purchased product to 60 days after purchase. I read not long ago that may have changed, but I can't validate that and the time frame "may" now be longer. Here is a link where you can put the serial number into to check. I feel confident that if you can buy it now, it will require a visit to your Apple Store for them to evaluate the condition of the iPad to ensure there is no physical damage and the iPad passes diagnostics. But it's worth a try. Here's the link: My Support

If you find out you can add AppleCare more than 60 days past purchase, please come back and let us know, so others can benefit from this.

Edit: The ability to purchase AppleCare more than 60 days after purchase may only apply to iPhone. This link from Apple still says 60 days: AppleCare+ - iPad - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 6:49 AM in response to Otcb4

For the longest time Apple only permitted the purchase of AppleCare for a previously purchased product to 60 days after purchase. I read not long ago that may have changed, but I can't validate that and the time frame "may" now be longer. Here is a link where you can put the serial number into to check. I feel confident that if you can buy it now, it will require a visit to your Apple Store for them to evaluate the condition of the iPad to ensure there is no physical damage and the iPad passes diagnostics. But it's worth a try. Here's the link: My Support

If you find out you can add AppleCare more than 60 days past purchase, please come back and let us know, so others can benefit from this.

Edit: The ability to purchase AppleCare more than 60 days after purchase may only apply to iPhone. This link from Apple still says 60 days: AppleCare+ - iPad - Apple

iPad 6th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.