Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X - Having difficulty with ‘restore incomplete

1. Having difficulty with ‘restore incomplete’. Bought the phone yesterday. I hit the button and the working wheel starts spinning. Then shortly the phone goes to sleep and the ‘wheel’ is not spinning when I wake the phone.
  2. When I open my Apple ID a pop-up asks for my I’d & password and immediately freezes.

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 6:31 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2019 11:01 AM in response to santa'shelper

Hey santa'shelper,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble restoring your new iPhone from a previous iCloud backup. I have some info that can help make this a smooth process. To start, what happens if you choose a different backup? Have you tried to restore from iTunes on a computer? Check out this link here to learn the multiple ways you can restore. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup. This link may also help:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Regards.

iPhone X - Having difficulty with ‘restore incomplete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.