Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air can not start

I haven't used my MacBook air for several months, now I want to use it ,but I fount it can not start, the screen is black, there is no any reflection after I press the power button. It was always working well and there has no any problem with it. I don't know why it suddenly can not start. The charging light is green. help me,please,thanks!

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 10:41 PM

If the MBAir was unplugged the whole time then the battery is likely to be completely discharged. With the power adapter connected and the magsafe LED is lit, perform an SMC reset. You should see the magsafe LED flicker or change colors for a moment if successful and hopefully it will turn amber to indicate it is charging the battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 10:41 PM in response to suny229

If the MBAir was unplugged the whole time then the battery is likely to be completely discharged. With the power adapter connected and the magsafe LED is lit, perform an SMC reset. You should see the magsafe LED flicker or change colors for a moment if successful and hopefully it will turn amber to indicate it is charging the battery.

macbook air can not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.