Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tying audio to another audio line

Hey, everyone!

Can't find a solution, help me please

There's a film in iMovie: several video files, several audio lines

I wonder, how can I attach an audio file to the previous one (not to a video!)

So that it becomes a hole audio line and adding video between will not break it

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 10:20 AM

You can place your cursor on the audio clips and, while pressing down, pull all the audio clips down from the video clips to which they are attached, so that the attachment handles are pulled away from the video clips. The audio clips will now reside in the bottom-most audio well where they will not be attached to any video clips. Then you can move or add video clips without breaking up the audio track.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2019 10:20 AM in response to AlexxK

You can place your cursor on the audio clips and, while pressing down, pull all the audio clips down from the video clips to which they are attached, so that the attachment handles are pulled away from the video clips. The audio clips will now reside in the bottom-most audio well where they will not be attached to any video clips. Then you can move or add video clips without breaking up the audio track.

-- Rich

Mar 11, 2019 11:42 AM in response to Rich839

Another way would be to put all of your audio clips into a newly created project, arrange them the way you want, and then share out the sound track as a file to your desktop, choosing the Audio Only option under the Format heading of the share out box. Then you can drag the shared out sound track into iMovie and it will come in as one long sound track with no separated audio clips.

-- Rich

Tying audio to another audio line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.