Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone icloud backup without WiFi access

My data allowance is not an issue but do not have WiFi anymore. Can I backup to iCloud still without WiFi...?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 8:40 AM

Hello grantcheyne,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you no longer have Wi-Fi and that data allowance isn't an issue and want to know if you can back up your iPhone to iCloud without a Wi-Fi connection. Unfortunately, you will need a Wi-Fi connection to back up to iCloud. If you do not have a Wi-Fi network at your residence, you can log into a public network or use a friend's network and backup manually. You can take a look at the following support article for more information about backing up your iPhone:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2019 8:40 AM in response to grantcheyne

Hello grantcheyne,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you no longer have Wi-Fi and that data allowance isn't an issue and want to know if you can back up your iPhone to iCloud without a Wi-Fi connection. Unfortunately, you will need a Wi-Fi connection to back up to iCloud. If you do not have a Wi-Fi network at your residence, you can log into a public network or use a friend's network and backup manually. You can take a look at the following support article for more information about backing up your iPhone:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

iphone icloud backup without WiFi access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.