Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X screen randomly shuts off

Just got my BRAND NEW iPhone X after Apple replaced it for other issues. Recently the phone screen just turns off. But my music still plays and I’m unable to do anything. I know it doesn’t reset cause the music plays and I can still use Face ID after it turns back on after about 30 to 45 seconds. I haven’t dropped it or anything so I’m not sure what’s wrong. My IOS is the most recent one.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 12:50 PM

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2019 12:50 PM in response to Khooper2002

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

iPhone X screen randomly shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.